Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Jason Becker, a luta pela vida

Um exemplo a seguir


Open Letter

Hey homeboys and girls. As you probably know, I am a guitarist/musician. You also probably know I have had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) for 12 years. In 1989, doctors told me I would probably die in 3 to 5 years. What you probably don't know is why I am still alive, and why in the past four years I haven’t gotten any worse, only better. I have gained at least 30 pounds and three muscles, and this is with a few months here and there of getting off health food and treatments.

What follows is a hint of the nature of the book I am currently writing. Since most of this article was written for a spiritual magazine called "Self Realization", it leans toward that aspect of my life. My book will have much more music and other stories about dealing with ALS, as well as more spiritual stuff.

Please take what you want and leave the rest. I sincerely hope you enjoy yourselves while reading this.

Included are other web sites or names that help and inspire me. Thanks.

By the way, Ammachi is my guru. Yogananda’s teachings, in themselves, are perfectly wonderful and, as you will see, they work. But to have a mahatma living like Amma, that you can actually talk to, and touch is the greatest thing one could hope for. An organization like “Self Realization Fellowship” sometimes thinks it can interpret the master’s teachings and not just let them stand on their own. All I am saying is no one religion or organization has a patent on enlightenment. Follow your own heart.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home